Monday, January 19, 2009

A veritable litany of news and goings on...

With Lisa gone sunbathing in Maui, I've been able to catch up on some projects. It helps that the weather here has warmed nearly 70 degrees in the last week too, I actually felt like walking out the door. For the first time since Thanksgiving it's above zero, it's now 45, two weeks ago it was -30. But enough about the weather.

First, the bathroom used to be a neon, pea-green that usually invoked vomiting, so we changed it to a cool monochromatic blue so that we could all keep our food down.





Ainsley's newest favorite... Oreos.

My new least favorite thing, Ainsley's Oreos.

I finally broke down and got a haircut after the secretary at my school made a poignant, yet decidedly necessary, comment about the wily girth of my hairdo.

After watching too much of the Green channel I felt compelled to build a compost bin, so I scraped together a bunch of wood I had lying around the house and built a 3x3x3 ramshackle old bin for free! Thanks DIY network!


As for the final bit of news this week, I have just been accepted into the (get ready it's a mouthful) Masters of Education and Leadership Program at the University of Alaska Southeast, in Juneau. The program involves 2 summers in Juneau for coursework and a year in my district for an internship. I will be done in August of 2010 and after that I'll start combing Alaska for Principal positions. I bet none of you ever thought that I would be a principal, go on admit it. That's OK, I find great pleasure in doing things that no one expects. Here are a couple pics of the campus in Juneau.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Congratulations Jefferson!!! I am so excited for you. I also love all of your little projects.