Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wall street vs. Main street and other catchy CNN references

Sorry to take a light-hearted blog and turn it into a political rant but...I just have to say that I am disgusted with the government for even considering buying all the bad loans from these banks. They made horribly risky investments because they could, due to a supreme lack of regulation. Now we have to buy all their crappy loans and instead of beefing up regulations to prevent this in the future we are going to give them more tax breaks and do nothing about the CEO caps? I think that we'll be doing all of this again in 10 years. I think we need to do nothing and force these banks to rework their business practices or die trying. De facto, replacements will have to do better. I realize that now their mess is ours but I still want these banks to pay instead of me. I also think that whatever bill passes it needs to have some sort of punishment for the greedy bastards who facilitated this collapse. I can't even get a credit card now! Maybe we should stop relying on other people's money to run our country.

No comments: